Networking Breakfast and Conference: "Mining and Energy: Pillars of our economy"
Speaker: Carlos Galvez, president of the National Society of Mining, Petroleum and Energy
• The share of private investment in mining increased fivefold from 2003 to 2014, from 4% to 21% respectively.
• Through income tax, royalties and excise duties, companies operating in the mining, hydrocarbons and electricity and water provide 54% of the state's resources on their three levels.
• In the period from 2003 to 2013, the energy supply of natural gas increased from 5% to 46%.
• For every job in the mining sector nine jobs are created in other sectors.
• The 1.34% of Peru’s surface has mining activity.
• The SNMPE estimated that projects implementation is expanding, as in 2018 the expansion of the portfolio of projects, with EIA approved and construction will be 0.
The event had the participation of Roque Benavides - CEO of Compania Minera Buenaventura, Julio Castaneda - General Manager of Lupaka Gold, Alberto Coya - General Manager of Ausenco and Alexandra Almenara - General Manager of SNC Lavalin.